We want our legal documents to be crisp and clear so even a five year old can understand them. Most of all we want to be able to understand them.
This license is a legal binding document, an agreement, that gives you, the buyer (individual or legal entity), the right to use our software. Including extensions, templates and services that we create and own.
By purchasing, installing or using our products or services you acknowledge that you have read our Software License and you agree to be bound by the terms.
Forgive us for being blunt, if you don't like our software license terms. Don't purchase, install or use our software. Ask for a refund. Not reading these terms or ignoring them doesn't make this contract void.
Under the Coco Tree has the right to make changes to the Software License document at any time and impose the new clauses applied. For the latest version always refer to our Software License page.
Grant Of License
By purchasing a product of Under the Coco Tree:
Customer will receive the source code open 100%. No tricks, no encrypted code, or lines that you can't figure out.
At the moment we do not use any License Key technology. This document is your license that gives you the right to use the extension for one live Magento installation and unlimited test Magento installations. The License becomes void when you stop using our products or when you do not comply to this license agreement. Under the Coco Tree reserves the right to revoke your license.
You are allowed to customize our products in order to fit the needs of your live Magento installation.
Description Of Other Rights And Limitations
- Installation and Use
- For each live Magento installation you are obliged to purchase a new separate license
- You are not permitted to use any part of the code in whole or part in any other software or product or website.
- You are legally bound to preserve the copyright information intact including the text/link at bottom.
- You are not allowed to distribute Under the Coco Tree software to third parties. Any distribution without our permission, including non commercial distribution is considered as violation of this Agreement and entails liability, according to the current law. You may not place the Software onto a server that allows access to the Software via a public network or the Internet for distribution purposes.
- You may not give, sell, sub-license, rent, lease or lend any portion of the Software to anyone.
- You are allowed to buy a new license and install it for your customers.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws
- You must comply with all applicable laws regarding use of software products. Under the Coco Tree software and a portion of it are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Accordingly, customer is required to treat the software like any other copyrighted material. Any activity violating copyright law will be prosecuted according to the current law. We retain the right to revoke the license of any user holding an invalid license.
Without prejudice to any other rights, Under the Coco Tree may terminate this License at any time if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this License. In such event, it constitutes a breach of the agreement, and your license to use the program is revoked and you must destroy all copies of Under the Coco Tree products in your possession.
After being notified of termination of your license, if you continue to use Under the Coco Tree software, you hereby agree to accept an injunction to prevent you from its further use and to pay all costs (including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees) to enforce our revocation of your license and any damages suffered by us because of your misuse of the Software.
We are not bound to return you the amount spent for purchase of the Software for the termination of this License.
Limitation Of Liability
At Under the Coco Tree we try to create software that works, free of bugs and security threats. Although our intentions are good, there is no absolute way of protecting our customers from any errors or bugs. We will always do our best to solve software problems to mitigate future problems with our customers. That does not mean we are obligated to update our code.
Due to the nature of software development and the complexity that it creates, we can't be held liable for any damages. In no event shall Under the Coco Tree be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, or lost information) rising out of 'Authorized Users' use of or inability to use the Under the Coco Tree products, even if Under the Coco Tree has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Our code of conduct: Always install our software in a contained environment such as a staging or development server to avoid ruining live applications.
In no event will Under the Coco Tree be liable for prosecution arising from use of the Software against law or for any illegal use.